Monday 5 July 2010

Prees Trice Weekend by Mike Hessey

What a great event! Congratulations and thanks to all those involved in organising the event, and also to Abigail who managed more than twice her previous highest mileage, and on a heavy KMX while the rest of us were on Trices - and at 10 she is only 1/6 of my age, which is depressing, and I would never have even considered such a ride when I was her age!  I really enjoyed the ride, and it was particularly satisfying to see a younger rider take part, and complete the ride. I think Abigail did really well - congratulations to her.  I thought Abigail did very well towards the end; the time I was getting quite concerned was at around 40% of the distance - she obviously picked up later, while I was suffering from heatstroke by then (my excuse)! I was horrendously sunburnt on the legs when I got back (I forgot to take any cream with me), but I was sufficiently tired that it did not affect my sleeping, and although it still looks horribly red, it is not all that uncomfortable.



Note added by Tricerider:  On the left is a GPS generated map of the Saturday Prees route.  For Mike, Abigail (my daughter) and myself the ride was a total of 37 miles (60 Km).  On our return journey, we unfortunately missed a turning that would have taken us directly to the campsite at Green Lane.  However, I doubt that more than a mile was added by our unplanned detour.
(please click the map for a larger image)

No comments:

Post a Comment