Thursday 24 September 2009

Great Chatwell Weekend by Mike Hessey


What a wonderful weekend we had at Blymhill Common, and that area. I'm moderately local, though it is on my upper limit for cycling there and back in the day; I don't think I have ever been there and not got lost in the maze of local lanes, so I was quite pleased when our ride leader on Friday pm (a local) got lost too! It all makes it more interesting, so no hard feelings Frank. On Sunday we went to Cosford (almost half way home for me). A most enjoyable day in quite flat countryside (after what I am used to). Sunday I thought I would have to ride home, but thanks to the kindness of David Little I was able to enjoy the brilliant ride to Norbury Junction, and he took me home by car afterwards (I could not have gone to Norbury and back home in the day on the Trice at my age/fitness). A big thank you to everyone involved in the organisation of the event, and to Chris from ICE for attending and showing us a lot of very interesting equipment. I hope there will be future events of this kind. Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment